The month of February can be one of the roughest months for weather related damage to your Canton & Akron Ohio home. Heavy snow, severe wind, plummeting temperatures and a possibility of a torrential rain fall can cause major disaster to your home.
Winter storm damage to your home
Heavy snowfall can create a heavy load on your roof, gutters, and trees. A possibility of an ice dam can occur when water freezes on your roof that can lead to exterior problems, also a possibility of water damage to the interior of your home. When a winter storm comes with gusty winds it can rip of shingles, siding and gutters. Tree limbs that are close to the home can snap and cause damage. A major water damage that occurs during the winter months from freezing temperatures is when pipes freeze and burst. Weather can cause damage to your home, but doing regular maintenance cleaning can prevent water, mold or fire damage during the winter months.
Follow these basic winter home maintenance steps to protect your home
- Clean gutters and downspouts to prevent buildup and debris.
- Clean your heating ducts to better your heating system efficiency.
- Call professional to inspect and clean your chimney.
- Check bird and rodent screens for attic vents to prevent any unwanted guest for the winter.
- Check batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Mold loves moisture, so fix any interior leaks.
- Insulate pipe insulate pipes by windows and doors including those in the unheeded parts of your home.
- If you have water supply lines in your garage, make sure you keep the garage door closed.
- If you’re headed out of town, leave the heat on in your home at a temperature no lower than 55°.
Hire a Restoration Construction Company to Fix Winter Weather Damage to Your Home
Winter weather can be tough on any residential home. If you experience roof damage or need to rebuild your home after a water or fire damage call the professional crews at Orion Construction. We are available 24-hours a day! Call us at 330-244-9708. We service homeowners located in Akron, Canton, Alliance, Louisville, Minerva, Stow, Tallmadge, Cuyahoga Falls, Brewster, New Philadelphia, Wooster and surrounding communities.