You may have noticed that a big storm can cause severe damage to homes and businesses. Shingles missing, siding ripped off, gutters on the ground to holes in roofs caused by fallen branches. When this happens fraudulent roofing contractors known as “storm chasers” will locate the neighborhood that was hit the hardest. Storm chasers will try and rip of home and business owners with poorly constructed restoration. Knowing how to identify storm chasers can help you avoid falling for their corrupt tactics.
How to spot storm chasers:
- Reputable and local insurance restoration roofing companies rarely sell door-to-door.
- Storm chasers typically swarm neighborhoods after a severe wind/hailstorm.
- They will cut corners to roofing your home. Take your time in deciding the type of roof you are wanting.
- Signing contingency agreements should be avoided. They are typically vague, not elaborating on the specific’s details of work or workmanship warranty.
- Do your own background research into a potential roofer is always a smart idea.
- Make sure they have a local address to make sure business is legit.
- Check for proof of insurance and license status.
- They want to be paid upfront in cash.
ORION CONSTRUCTION – Storm Damage Specialists
During the summer, northeast Ohio will experience hail, wind, lightning, and water damage from storms. If you experience a damage from these storms to your residential home or commercial property, Orion Construction is available 24/7 to assess and repair the damage to your interior structure, roof, gutters, siding, windows, fence or any other structure on the property. Call us your local insurance restoration contractor at 330-244-9708.